Yet another great start for Bdotnet user group this new year with a meet up on one of the most popular topics these days – Angular 2. Below was the agenda for the event.
I presented a talk on how angular 2 can be used to build hybrid mobile apps. Below are the topics I had touched upon in my session
- Introduction to Hybrid mobile app development
- Introduction to Ionic framework
- Why Ionic and What it offers for developers ?
- Getting started with Ionic v2
- Brief walkthrough of Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic v2 project structure
- Brief walkthrough of Ionic components
- Adding new pages and providers using Ionic CLI
- Exploring different Ionic icons
- Testing the app in a mobile device using Ionic View
— Swaminathan Vetri (@svswaminathan) January 21, 2017
Using Ionic v2, I had built a small demo app. The codebase is available in github at https://github.com/svswaminathan/bdotnet-ionic2-demo
The Application Screen flows are shown below :
Though we had about 300+ registrations, we had close to only 55 attendees at the venue. The audience were very interactive and we had a lot of healthy discussions on Ionic, Angular 2, TypeScript etc., Overall, I had a super awesome time again with the technical community 🙂