Happy New Year!!!
Kickstarted this New Year with a Bdotnet community event on the very first weekend of the year (Jan 5, 2019) by organizing Azure DevOps BootCamp. As a part of this bootcamp, we had planned for a half day event with the below agenda
- Introduction to Azure DevOps – Swaminathan Vetri
- DevOps & Containers – Girish Goudar
I took up the first session to Introduce DevOps and Azure DevOps to the community. Below are some of the high level topics that were discussed during my session.
- Introduction to DevOps
- What is Azure DevOps ?
- How different it is from Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) ?
- Overview of the various offerings from Azure DevOps
- New Azure DevOps portal walkthrough
- Azure Boards + GitHub integration
- Setting up CI/CD for a project hosted in GitHub using Pipeline as a Code (azure-pipelines.yml)
- Editing azure-pipelines.yml using Visual Studio Code extensions
Below are the links for reference:
- Presentation – https://www.slideshare.net/svswaminathan/azure-dev-ops
- Demo Source code – https://github.com/svswaminathan/bdotnet-devops-live-demo
We had about 85 enthusiastic participants who were very interactive throughout the event. Looking forward for more such interesting topics and events in 2019.